Friday, October 2, 2009

Becoming a mommy

I have been slacking off lately on blogging. I’ve discovered that this is harder to keep up with now that I’m back at work. I’ve let a lot of things slide here lately because spending time with Layton when I have the opportunity is so much more important to me. The house doesn’t get cleaned as often as it used to, the laundry gets done on an as needed basis, working out happens at most two times a week on a good week and cooking a nice dinner for Clifton and I after work is the last thing on my mind when I get home. We have a happy healthy baby boy and that is all that matters now. I need to brag a little on Clifton he has helped me so much these past few weeks. He helps with bath time, dishes, watching Layton so I can get a quick run in, changes diapers, can cook a mean frozen pizza and can make Layton laugh like no one else. It melts my heart watching them interact together. I feel like I’ve changed so much since becoming a mommy and for the better. I’ve learned to appreciate the small things in life and something as simple as a smile from Layton can turn my day around. I’ve gotten used to always having a wet shoulder from all the drool, getting peed on is no big deal and spit up doesn’t even phase me anymore. Every morning when I drag myself out of bed at 5 am and go pick him up out of his bed to feed him and he sees me and gives me the big open mouth gummy grin. I can’t imagine life any other way. Here are a few pics of our little man:



This is my new trick mommy I can roll over but I'm not sure what to do with my arm yet once I get here.
Tummy time with the mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment