Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Layton's First Trip to South Padre Island (Father's Day)

The Sunday after the birthday party after a few hours of assembling new toys and playing with everything we packed up my car with all of our stuff and Layton's stuff and headed to South Padre Island. We timed it just right where it was time for Layton's afternoon nap and he slept the first two hours of the drive. I think he was still exhausted from the party the night before. We made it down there in about four and half hours stopping once. Layton got a little cranky towards the end but was really good for being in his car seat for so long. I had a work conference down at the Sheraton right on the water so we made a little mini family vacation out of the trip. That day which was also Clifton's second Father's Day we spent the afternoon taking Layton to the beach once we got there. Layton was not afraid of anything. He would walk straight out into the water and let the waves crash into him and laugh when they knocked him down. He did decide to taste the sand this time but he decided real fast that it wasn't something to eat. We built sand castles and swam and walked a lot or should I say chased Layton on the beach. There wasn't a whole lot of relaxing going on at the beach but we had fun just watching Layton as he was having a blast. This was our first time to stay in a hotel with Layton which worked out great. Clifton and Layton were able to sleep in each day while I quietly left early each morning for my class. The hardest part of the trip was having to sit in class all day and I could see the beach from the class. At one point I was watching Clifton and Layton play on the beach which was no fun for me. Here are some pictures from Father's Day and our mini family vacation at South Padre Island:

Layton was being silly in the hotel room once we got there

Playing with daddy

My first sandcastle



I know this one is foggy but my camera fogged up from all the humidity as soon as I took the picture.
This was Layton eating dinner one night we went out and had some yummy seafood.
This was my view from my classroom each day. At least I had something pretty to look at while I listened to someone talk about accounting all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment