Friday, August 27, 2010

5 Wonderful Years

Today was our 5 year anniversary and it didn't turn out quite like we had planned but was still a good day. Last night Layton started running fever before he went to bed and was up most of the night with high fever. We decided to take him to the doctor today to get checked out since it was Friday I didn't want to deal with a sick baby all weekend. He has a virus which there is nothing we can do for him besides tylenol to keep the fever down so at least we know he is going to be okay. On a side note they weighed him today and he already weighs 27 lbs. 11 oz. I knew he was getting heavy but wow he is a big boy!

After his doctor's appointment we went to Chuy's for lunch and then headed to the Texas Ski Ranch to get Clifton's wakeboard boots fixed since we knew we couldn't go on our date night like we had planned. Layton enjoyed looking at all of the boats and we watched people wake boarding on the cable lake for awhile which was really interesting. Layton was in good humor all day and hasn't had fever since this morning so we just spent the day together. We had originally planned to go to the Melting Pot for dinner tonight and my parents were going to keep Layton overnight for us. We were going to head to the lake to stay there for the night after dinner and then they were going to bring Layton up there tomorrow. Needless to say all that fell through because I wasn't going to leave a sick baby with my parents but hopefully we can reschedule our much needed date night. Clifton and I haven't been anywhere by ourselves in so long so I know it would be good to have some time alone.

Five years really does fly by fast it seems like the other day we were planning our wedding. Today I got out our wedding album and honeymoon pictures and looked at them. Wow we look so young and skinny :) Such great memories made and many happy times over the past five years. I've been thanking God today especially for blessing me with such a loving husband and a wonderful father for Layton. I'm so blessed that I found a man that loves Jesus just as much as I do. I can't wait to see what God has in store for us these next five years. I'm sure it will be exciting! Here are a few wedding and honeymoon pictures I scanned tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment