Thursday, August 19, 2010

My little chatter box

Layton's personality is really starting to show more and more everyday. For the most part it is pretty easy for him to communicate with us which has been really nice. He talks a lot and is a little chatter box most days so he can tell us what he wants. Here are a few things he has been saying lately that I wanted to document before I forget all of them.

The other morning I was changing his diaper right after he woke up and I was dressed for work already, he turned towards me and touched my dress and said "Pitty" my heart just melted that he thought to tell me my dress was pretty. Such a sweetie!

On Tuesday my mom said he woke up from his nap and pointed to Amanda's bridal portrait on the wall and said "Manda" I told Aunt Amanda about it and she was so excited. Layton hasn't seen her in awhile so that is neat that he is starting to remember people. He also can point out Uncle Carter "Cada" and Aunt Laura he calls her "Lala" in there picture at my parents house. My mom has an old high school picture of me on a shelf that he can reach and he likes to pick up the picture and hug it and carry it around and he says "Mommy."

He calls every baby he sees right now "Kyeeee" (Kyleigh) because he loves his baby cousin and loves to give her hugs every time he sees her.

Last night he walked into the kitchen and I was doing the dishes and he said "cookie pease" He calls animal crackers cookies and I'm so glad me repeating please and thank you over and over is really starting to pay off. I guess he really is listening to me.

Tonight he had pizza for dinner and he said "pissa" over and over and of course loved it. He ate two whole pieces.

He has also been telling everything bye bye as we pass it in the car. He will see a truck and say "truck" and then say "bye bye truck." I know he gets this from his cousin Cooper.

He is obsessed with bubbles right now and gets so excited at bath time. He loves to run around the house after I get him undressed for his bath. He runs through the house naked screaming "bubbles." He also has been pointing out bubbles everywhere. At the zoo last week he pointed out the bubbles in the water fountain where the water was splashing and he saw the bubbles in the sink tonight when I was washing his hands after dinner and got really excited. Here he is running through the house naked before bath time one night. He loves for me to chase him he laughs so hard.

The other day on our way to the lake Layton said his first sentence, he said "Daddy play song!" in the truck. He loves to hear music and will dance every time we play a song for him. He now requests a song every time we are in the car or even at home he will point to the stereo and say song over and over until he hears some music. Here he is dancing in front of the stereo.


Last week I was sitting at the computer and he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards his room and he pointed to his tub of toys on his shelf and said "I want tractor." Tractors are still his favorite thing to play with these days.

He is really into playing with my broom and swiffer right now so we bought him a small broom and dust pan just his size. Now when I sweep he likes to help mommy and he says "I sweep." I realized the other day you can take out the extensions on the swiffer handle so I took some out and made it just his size. He was so excited to swiffer the floor once he saw it! It is his favorite thing to get out of the pantry right now.


Here are a few random pictures I've taken in the last week. I can't believe he is already 14 months old.

No comments:

Post a Comment