Sunday, August 15, 2010

A fun hot day at the zoo

Saturday morning Layton and I met up with one of my coworkers Becky and her little boy Marshall at the San Antonio Zoo. Last time I took Layton to the zoo I think he was about 8 or 9 months old and slept through a lot of it so I was really looking forward to him being more into it this time. Layton was really impressed with the elephants and monkeys but I think his favorite part was when we went to the toddler area and let him play in the water. It was extremely hot on Saturday so the cool water felt great to him I'm sure and he never stopped moving once we put him in the water. He loved putting his head in the water and splashing. He wasn't real happy when it was time to leave but I could tell he was exhausted. While we were walking to the restaurant so we could eat our lunch in the A/C Layton fell asleep in the stroller and slept almost an hour. Once he woke up he was able to eat and then we took the boys to the ride the train. Layton has really been into "choo choos" as he calls them lately so he loved the train ride. Surprisingly he stayed awake the whole car ride home which was nice because once we got home he was ready for another nap and so was I. I can't wait to take him back to the zoo again especially the water area he had a blast. Here are a few pictures from Saturday:

Marshall was really into the waterfalls at the zoo so here are the two boys checking out the waterfall.


Layton peaking into the aquarium
Layton and Marshall checking out the elephants
Playing in the water
So worn out from all the fun he hadRiding the choo choo

No comments:

Post a Comment