Sunday, August 22, 2010

Fun day with Jackie


My college friend Jackie was in town on Friday and she agreed to go with Layton and I to the Children's Museum downtown San Antonio. We had so much fun catching up and taking lots of pictures of Layton playing. She has a nice camera and knows more about photography than I do so she was helping me learn how to use my camera on the manual setting. I have a lot to learn and am still overwhelmed but I'm determined to learn how to use the camera the "right" way. It was challenging trying to chase Layton and snap a few pictures of him as he was on the move. He went from one thing to the next in the museum. Some of these pictures are blurry but we are both still learning :) As he gets older I'm sure we will be back because there were so many things we didn't even get to because he was worn out after a few hours.

Here he is in the toddler area driving the truck of course.


He loved the bubble machine he could push the buttons to change the colors
Here he is with mommy in the huge airplane
In the cockpit ready to take off
Sitting in the air traffic control tower
Taking a break in the stroller and having a snack
He loved driving the trolley

This was probably his favorite part of the whole day
Going down the slide with mommy
Shopping for some groceries
Layton napped in the stroller while Jackie and I enjoyed a nice lunch at Acenar. Then we headed to the hotel where her husband was staying for a work conference and we took Layton swimming. It was a fun day and made me realize how much I miss hanging out with Jackie. I'm hoping to make a trip to visit her and Jared in Dallas this fall.
Jackie took a bunch of pictures with her camera too so once she sends some to me I will try to post a few more from our fun day!

1 comment:

  1. I had such a great time on Friday too!! I have some good ones on my camera. I'll be working on them to send to you. I am also ready to fix some of yours up too.

    ReplyDelete