Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Our Interesting Trip to the Lake

Friday morning we packed up Clifton's truck with all of our stuff and Layton's stuff and the boat to head to Medina Lake with my parents and their RV. My parents are leaving it there for a month so we can enjoy it at the lake for awhile. Friday we just rested and relaxed once we got everything set up. They were having a BBQ that night at the RV park so we just walked over to the club house for dinner and then took a cruise in the boat after we ate. Clifton, Layton and I decided to stop and go for a swim. The water felt so good it wasn't that cold and Layton loved splashing and watching Daddy swim under water and then reappear.





We gave him a redneck bath out in the baby pool outside because my parents only have a shower in their trailer so I figured this would be easier. Layton loved it!Saturday morning Clifton and I decided to take the boat out just the two of us so we could get in some wake boarding while the water was smooth and before it got really crowded with boats. My parents were able to watch Layton for us at the trailer. Clifton went first and was only up a short time and then he fell into the water. I went back around to pick him up and he mentioned his ankle was hurting and he thought he twisted his ankle. He was able to get in the boat no problem after struggling to get the wake board off of his feet. We were using an old pair of boots on the board because our other ones broke and they were way too small. I went ahead and took my turn and then I eventually got tired and decided to stop. Once I was in the water I realized I couldn't get the wake board off of my feet either. By this time Clifton realized he hurt his ankle worse than he thought and we needed to get back to the dock. Clifton eventually pulled me up out of the water onto the boat to help me get the wake board off. Poor Clifton had to crawl up a big hill on his hands and knees once the boat was tied up and couldn't stand to put any weight on his ankle. By this time Daniel and Lauren had gotten there so Daniel helped me get Clifton back to the RV so he could put ice on his ankle. After about two hours of icing and taking ibuprofen Clifton decided he needed to go get it checked out because it was hurting so bad. My dad drove him into San Antonio to the Texas Med Clinic. I put Layton down for a nap at the trailer and my mom stayed there with Kyleigh and Layton while Daniel, Lauren, Cooper and I went to the pool at the RV park. He called me a few hours later and told me he had broken his talus bone in his ankle. We decided it would be best if we headed home since it was so hard for Clifton to get up in the trailer with his crutches. Thankfully Daniel and Lauren were there so they helped us get our stuff packed up and Daniel got the boat out of the water and drove Clifton's truck home. My parents decided to stay another night since they didn't have any reason to be back home. We made it back home by 11 Saturday night so it was a really long day. We are hoping we will get to go to the lake at least one more time and stay in the trailer but we will have to see how Clifton is feeling over these next few weeks. Here are some pictures of our short trip to the lake.

This was right before we went out in the boat on Saturday morning.

Layton was trying on his new life jacket that Nana and Papa bought him.
Nana with her boys

Layton wore these sunglasses all afternoon he thought he was so cool
Little Kyleigh was even dressed for the lake in her tiny swimsuit
We told Layton to give Kyleigh some love so he leaned over and was hugging her such a sweetie pie!
Snack time!

No comments:

Post a Comment