Sunday, August 1, 2010

My First Blog Book

The reason I started this blog was so I could easily document Layton's milestones and funny things he does as he is growing up. I also knew that I could make a blog book each year and have a keepsake for him once he is older that includes all the pictures and entries that I have written about his life. I ordered my first blog book and it came in the mail a few weeks ago. For all you fellow bloggers out there I highly recommend ordering one. I used www.blog2print.com to do mine and it was really easy and all you have to do is type in the web address of your blog and it automatically exports the range of blog entries you want included in your book. The only editing required was the front and back cover and I added a dedication page with a little note to Layton on it. I initially was going to use blurb but realized the hours and hours of editing required and just decided I didn't have the time to mess with it. My book is in the same format as my blog and it came out to 275 pages which starts with the end of my pregnancy through Layton's birthday party and it includes a Table of Contents with all the posts. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the book once I got it and can't wait to order another one next year. It was $90 with shipping and everything but to me it was totally worth it. It definitely puts any baby book to shame. I've decided once we have another baby that I will just order two copies of the book every year so each child will have one to keep. Here are some pictures of my first blog book.





1 comment:

  1. Your book turned out great! I have been working (and working and working) with the blurb program to get 2009 done. I think I'm going to love it- but you're right- it's so much work! Thanks for sharing- I might just have to use this site for our 2010 book. :)

    ReplyDelete