Sunday, November 7, 2010

Building Thomas the Train

Once I found Layton a train conductor costume online for Halloween I knew I had to come up with something creative to go along with it. I started searching online for homemade Thomas costumes and a few pictures came up. I found a picture of a wagon that someone had turned into Thomas the Train and knew Clifton and I could build Layton one and make it even better than the picture I found. We started building it on Tuesday night the week before Halloween and once we got started we just wanted to finish it. We stayed up until 2 a.m. that night painting it. The next evening we added a few finishing touches and it was ready for Layton to take a ride. We used a cardboard box, a 5 gallon bucket, duct tape, hot glue, red electrical tape, an oatmeal container for the smoke stack, poster board for his face, spray paint and acrylic paint. It really was inexpensive to make and Clifton and I had fun making it for him together. Here are a few pictures I took of us building it.






No comments:

Post a Comment