Sunday, November 21, 2010

Layton's Early Christmas Present

I've been on the hunt for a little tikes climber for Layton for our backyard. He really doesn't have anything to play with outside and I'm tired of him only playing with daddy's toys (the lawnmower, weed-eater and now the ranger). He loves to sit and "drive" all of daddy's toys so he needed something to play on outside. I've been looking on craigslist daily and I finally found something that I thought would be perfect for Layton. It is big enough that he can use it for years to come but still small enough that it is safe and easy to move around the yard. My parents took me and Layton up to San Antonio to pick it up last night because Clifton had to be at church. It was tricky trying to fit it all in the back of my dad's truck and of course on our way home we stopped at Garden Ridge so my mom could get a new Christmas tree. I found some new wreaths for our front doors and something to hang on our gate for Christmas. It was hilarious trying to fit everything in the truck. We were packed and my dad and mom had there seats all the way up and sitting straight up the whole way so the tree could fit in between the seats. We laughed the whole way home and my dad said he was only doing it because it was for Layton :) It was a night I will probably never forget but it was so much fun. Today my mom came over and we completely took apart the climber and cleaned it really good. It now looks brand new! We went ahead and let Layton have his main Christmas present a little early because the weather is supposed to be 85 here most of the week and we wanted him to enjoy it. Here are a few pictures of Layton enjoying his new climber and slide this afternoon.


Nana showing him how to climb up

He was giving Roscoe lots of loving today too such a sweet boy


Here is a video of Layton in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment