Sunday, December 18, 2011

37 Weeks

Tomorrow I will be 37 weeks full term woo hoo.  So thankful that we are getting close to the end of this pregnancy and we will be meeting our baby girl soon.  I went to the doctor this week and I'm already 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced.  I know this doesn't mean anything but I was surprised because I never made any progress with Layton even at 40 weeks when I was induced with him.  My doctor told me to make sure my bags were packed and that the car seat was in the car.  This weekend I finished packing Molly's stuff and started getting my stuff together as well.  I will be induced on January 3rd unless Molly decides to come sooner.  I've been measuring a week ahead so my doctor gave me the option to be induced then.  I will be 39 weeks and 1 day by then so I felt comfortable with that and told her to go ahead and schedule it.




Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 37 weeks
Gender: A GIRL!!! Molly Grace Shearrer
Maternity Clothes: Yes and I only have a few things that fit at this point.  My belly is sticking out so much in the front my shirts are getting too short.
Belly Button: Is totally popped out and sticks out now.
Movement: She is very active and continues to stick her little bottom out in the middle of my stomach.  
Sleep: I've been getting up 3-4 times a night to go to the bathroom and now it hurts to roll over in bed so I wake up tired and sore but I know the end is in sight.
Symptoms: Lots of braxton hicks contractions especially at night when I've been at work all day.  I can't seem to eat very much at one time and nothing really sounds good ever.
Cravings: I haven't been very hungry lately I feel like there isn't much room for food.  I get full so fast now. 
Best moment this week: Watching Layton bring Molly's new little rattles and toys to my belly to show her.  He even brought her little noise machine up to my belly and lifted my shirt and said "Molly can you hear that, do you like it?"  I reassured him that yes Molly likes it :) I'm also really excited this is my last week of work.  I'm taking some vacation the week between Christmas and New Years and then I will be induced on January 3rd and start my 12 week maternity leave.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment