Saturday, December 31, 2011

Just the Three of Us

We have enjoyed this last week with just the three of us.  We have done a lot of this. . . . . resting up for Molly's arrival.  I've tried to relax and rest some this week because I know next week is going to be exhausting.


We had Chad and Kellie and Justin and Natalie over for dinner one night and exchanged presents with everybody.




I also spent one day at my parents house monogramming some burp cloths for Molly.  I have a stack of them I want to get done so hopefully I can finish the other ones this weekend sometime.  I have a few sewing projects I'm working on as well this weekend to help pass the time :)



Friday Layton and I went with my parents to the zoo.  It was a beautiful day but the zoo was so crowded.  Layton had fun riding the train of course and we saw a lot of the larger animals.








I also had a wonderful treat this week and we got someone to deep clean our house from top to bottom.  They spent two days cleaning everything and my house is spotless right now I love it!!  We have a freezer full of frozen meals and I've gone grocery shopping one last time so I think we are officially ready for Molly to come.  Our bags are packed and we are going to put her car seat in the car this afternoon.  I'm so excited to meet our baby girl.  I've really been praying for Layton this week that he will adjust to everything and not feel like he is being replaced.  Every time I think about having to split my time between two kids I start crying but I know he will be fine.  He has been so needy and attached to me this week it has been exhausting.  He won't let Clifton help him do anything so I hope he gets over that soon because I'm going to need all the help I can get. 

We have so much to be thankful for this year and I have a feeling 2012 is going to be even better for our family as we get to know Molly and watch her and Layton grow up.  Tuesday morning we will go in at 5 a.m. to start the induction process unless Molly decides to come before that.  Please pray for a safe and healthy delivery for both of us!




1 comment:

  1. praying for a safe and quick labor and delivery for you. i worried about the same when i had my 2nd baby. layton will do just fine! can't wait to see pictures of your sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete