Sunday, December 18, 2011

Attempting to Make a Gingerbread House

Tonight I decided it was a good idea to make a gingerbread house with Layton.  I was at Micheal's the other day getting some stuff and saw the kits on sale so I picked one up.  Clifton was asleep on the couch and I woke him up to help us so you can imagine he was thrilled with the idea :)  Our first attempt the icing was too thick and then I think we got it too runny.  In the mean time Layton is sitting on the stool getting impatient and trying to open all the candy and manages to drop part of the gingerbread house and break it into pieces before we had a chance to assemble it.  Clifton kept saying Amy this isn't going to work I'm done but I was determined to try to make it work.  We laughed a lot and the roof kept sliding off but in the end I think Layton had fun and that is all that really matters right?  Our little gingerbread house is pretty sad looking but having the help of a 2 year old little boy I'm not sure what I expected.  I'm glad we are making some good memories with just the three of us before everything changes once Molly arrives.  I think I may wait a few more years before I attempt another gingerbread house. 








No comments:

Post a Comment